IoTsens together with Iberital has developed a smart coffee machine due to the large coffee distributors need to have control of their assets at any time. The main aim was obtaining control management and savings for coffee machines through hardware device and management software.
Iberital, who is headquartered in Barcelona, is a global brand with more than 40 years of history in the market of coffee machines and with an international presence in 100 countries.
IoTsens has developed an IoT solution which connects Iberital coffee machines with a hardware device to a management software in order to collect data and interact with them. Thanks to the developed smart management software, the coffee machine has the following functionalities:
- General Information (serial number, description, last cleaning, maintenance need…)
- Registrer of the number of coffes per day
- Stock management and replenishment
- Distributors and users management
- Active alarms and notifications
- Machines geolocation
- Bidirectional communication
- Possibility of remote machine configuration and programming of parameters
- Management system for users and companies, with their roles and the assignment of machines
The project carried out in a personalized way to cover the needs of Iberital, has consisted in the development of a PCB board that allows obtaining information from the CPU of the coffee machine and sending the data using Wi-Fi or GPRS network. This information is managed by IoTsens Cloud Platform and shown to the user through a Web App developed with the functionalities and appearance desired by the client.
The final solution has allowed distributors to optimize their service in the following way: